Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And so it begins.....

I admit - was never much of a journaler/diary keeper as a child, so this is not something that comes naturally to me.  However....I spend so much time reading about education and how schools are failing our kids and yet I am out, traveling the country on a weekly basis, working with teachers who are doing phenomenal work.  So, I have toyed around with the idea of sharing some of the things I experience around teachers and their learning and what they are doing to help their students learn. I wanted to start sharing some of the hard work and great ideas that I get the chance to see and hear - there's a lot of amazing stuff going on out there.

I am also immersed in working on my doctoral dissertation.  It's taking me FOREVER, but here I am, finally knocking on that door. And it's a struggle - working full time, having a family, traveling all the time, and trying to write and research on top of that.  No wonder my hair is falling out!  Anyway, the great thing is that what I do for a living, providing professional development in technology integration for math teachers, directly relates to my doctoral research.  As part of my constant search for information, I find so many things that are interesting that I wanted to also start sharing some of these things. 

I am hoping this blog becomes a kind of 'hey, guess what I saw or heard or read today' type of thing.  It is just my own personal reflections and experiences, as I don't want to 'name' names of the great teachers I am working with (to protect the innocent and all that), but hopefully some of the things will be interesting. 

So...here it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment